Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Tribute - Creative Monday Blog Hop

   Like many countries Mother's Day 2013 is celebrated on Sunday, May 12, in Jamaica. It is always a very special day for me as my mother is a very important person in my life. In fact she has been the only parent that I have had since I was 13.  Mom has always been there for me in good times and bad times proving to be a tower of strength through many of life's trials.  On this Mother's Day she is celebrating with 2 children although she gave birth to 4.  I know that my twin sister Janine and brother Sutcliffe are here with us in spirit so when I make a card I never leave their names out.  Below is the card that I made for Mom. I  got cartridge paper, old calendars, paste and scissors and got busy. Of course two of my favourite things had to be on the card - a bird and flowers.
  A mother's love is very special. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who are celebrating this special day.


 
   Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judy H-J's Thoughts where you can link up all your creative posts.
1. Link up your Crafty, Recipe, DIY, Fashion, Creative writing, Photo, Family Tutorials, Favourite, Helpful, Make-up, Outfit or anything creative posts here...
2. Link as many posts up as you like.
3. Please visit a few posts and leave comments.
4. It would be great if you could grab the Creative Monday button and place it somewhere on your blog.
5. We would love for you to follow some way by GFC,Google+,Facebook, Twitter or Email.
Happy Creative Monday and have a great week.     

I also link up at these PARTIES!


34 comments:

Winnie said...

Such beautiful words you wrote about your mother ! :)
You're lucky to have one another

Btw - we have a different date for this day, and actually it's been changed to "Family Day"

Thank you for the party Judy and and enjoy this day!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Winnie. A Family Day sounds great too. Have a wonderful week.

Soliloquy of Food said...

Wishing you & your Mom a wonderful day together!! Thanks for hosting, Judy & have a great week to follow!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kim! A wonderful week to you too.

Unknown said...

You are welcome Paula.

mail4rosey said...

I love that you make your mom's card. I thought about doing that this year too, but bought one in the end. The kids made their own for their grandma's though. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Rosey. Enjoy the rest of your Mother's Day.

With A Blast said...

Lovely ! It is a very nice gesture to include your late sister and brother's names as well :-)

Linda
With A Blast

Mamal Diane said...

That was so beautiful Judy. Have a wonderful week and thanks for hosting :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Diane! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Thanks Linda. Have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mandi! I will be sure to visit your Blog and follow back today.

Sandee said...

Mothers are indeed so very special. Mine has been gone for over 20 years. I still miss her and will all the days of my live. I'm so happy you got to enjoy your mom yesterday.

Have a terrific day Judy. :)

Theresa Mahoney said...

That is a beautiful card you made for your mother! I am sure she appreciated it very much!

Unknown said...

Thanks Theresa! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Unknown said...

Very special indeed Sandee. I know what it is like to lose a parent. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting a great party. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

You are welcome BeBetsy! Have a good day.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! Stumble over from Flour Me With Love.

Love your blog!

I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html
The party opens Thursday night and closes on Wednesday night at midnight.

Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

Hugs, Cathy

Lisa Boyle said...

Thanks so much for hosting! What a beautiful tribute to your mom.

Claire Justine said...

Lovely tribute Judy, i hope your mom enjoyed her day :) Thanks for co hosting ...

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Cathy! I am now a Follower of your Blog. I have also added some links to your linky party and look forward to participating in the future.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa. Have a good day.

Unknown said...

Thanks Claire. Mom had a good day. As always it was great co-hosting again.

An Apel a Day said...

You are so sweet to include your siblings and make a card!

Maria said...

Your mother is so very lucky to have you, Judy...I am so glad you got to celebrate with her. The card you made her is so sweet and thoughtful...I am sure she loved it. I can truly relate to the words you wrote. Thank you for sharing. Thinking of you and sending lots of love. Wishing your mom a very Happy belated Mother's Day. Xoxoxo. Have a relaxing night!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Alissa!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Maria. My mom sends many thanks for the greetings. We had a good time celebrating with her over the weekend.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Beautiful tribute! Thanks for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Blog Hop. We hope to see you again this Sunday!

Unknown said...

Thanks Manuela! I will link up again for sure.

With A Blast said...

Thank you for linking this up at our All My Bloggy Friends Party !

Linda
With A Blast

Unknown said...

You are welcome Linda!

Joy said...

Judy, I love the card you made for your Mom, and that you include the names of your twin sister and your brother! What a sweet heart you have.

And I see we share a love of birds! :)

Love, Joy
Yesterfood.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Joy! Have a great week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...